- No excluding of pre-existing conditions. If you wrecked your car in 1995 and apply for insurance, the new car insurance must cover and pay for your old wreck.
- Insurance premiums for everyone, regardless of risk, must be equal. If you get into 3 accidents per day, you deserve to pay the same premium as someone who has never had an accident.
- Your employer must provide each employee with car insurance. Failure to do so will incur substantial penalties.
- Car insurance must be comprehensive. Preventive car care, such as car washes, oil changes, and regular interior cleanings must be covered in the car insurance. Failure to do so will incur criminal penalties.
- The government must provide car insurance to everyone who is unable to afford the increasing premiums for car insurance. This will be done by raising taxes on successful businesses.
- The "excess" and "greed" present in the private car insurance industry will be decreased by comprehensive increases in government bureaucracy.
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Key components of Obama's Car Insurance Plan: